Sunday, October 23, 2011

Time Flies. I worry. What's new?

So, let me just say that I cannot believe Halloween is here! I feel so unprepared! We (ie, Doug) haven't even carved a pumpkin yet. We are so behind! I haven't even planned the menu for the party! I just tried on my Halloween costume today! (It fits, by the way, totally rad!) I've only watched The Great Pumpkin 4 times! I must be slipping in my old age.

On top of that, I have two major assignments due this week. One of which is for my practicum. Then I have the lovely requirement of defending/presenting my practicum, which I must do successfully in order to graduate in December. Oh good grief! I am STRESSING! How can it already be time to do this? I am not confident in my abilities, friend. Please, Oh Lord, let this be over with soon! December 17th is rapidly approaching. I am so nervous. I feel like I am going to ralph just thinking about it.

Happy note: I love my Subaru. It is wonderful! Tell me why I have been driving a stick all these years? Automatics are so wonderfully easy to drive. My car just glides on the road like I'm driving the Carebears' Cloud Mobile.

Gross note: I performed surgery on Doug Bear's back. Yes, I had to stop several times in the midst because I thought I was going to pass out, but I did it! He had for-real surgery on his back about a month ago to remove a little lipoma. Well, one of his stitches didn't dissolve, and it was irritating the scar and refusing to heal. So, I called Boomer and she told me I had to yank it out with tweezers and then cut the suture (ie, knot). Oh man, it was so siiiiiiiiick!!! Doug was such a little girl about it, too. (Of course, the words "yank it out" probably did not sound good, especially with me as his surgeon.) Anyway, we survived and his back is healing nicely.

Halloween note: Went to USS Nightmare with some peeps this weekend. It was a fun time. I still think Dent was a little better, but at least we wised up this year and got the express ticket! No waiting in line for over an hour. The coolest part about USS Nightmare was the appearance of Vera (and if you don't get the reference, friend, you need to watch Peter Jackson's DEAD ALIVE now).

NOTE: I couldn't find a picture of Vera without her gross boobs, so I had to settle for the rat monkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment