Monday, October 17, 2011

Allison & Doug's Weekend Adventure

Well, boys and girls, I had a fantastic weekend (it actually started on Wednesday, but we'll still call it the weekend). Here is the re-cap:

Wednesday: The Gastrights of Philadelphia arrived in Covington. I was so excited to see Reese and Grayson, it had been almost a year since we last saw them! Both were cute as buttons and Reese was talking up a storm. She had everyone in Covington wrapped around her little finger. Quote from Uncle Doug on him doing as she commandeth, "I can't help it. Everything she says is just so adorable!" I wish the little goomers lived closer so we could see them more often.

Thursday: Woo-hoo! Thursday was my Friday. I had a pretty busy day at work, but it finally came to an end, and off to the house I went. Hung out with la familia, then headed to Kroger and Walmart to get some camping supplies (snacks, lantern, and ELECTRIC BLANKET).

Friday: Camping trip! The family went to Red River Gorge for a nice camping expedition. I was not thrilled. I'd much rather stay at home, under a roof, in a bed, with the ability to potty and shower when I want. But, alas, I really had no say-so and off to Red River we went. Stopped at Sam's for some bare necessities (ketchup, mustard, 18 Big Red Smokys) and also got my flu shot while I was there. Successful trip. Then onto camp we went. Got to the gorge and set-up the camp site (well, I actually just sat around and supervised, I'm much better in a management position as opposed to an actual laborer). Some Dwarf residents came down to visit and that was fun! I even learned that Codar was in a band, contact him on facebook if you want to book Phoenix Down for your next party.

Friday night: BIG BLUE MADNESS. Lexington was jam-packed and Rupp Arena was bouncing. It's basketball season, baby. Get ready for total Wildcat dominance. Oh yeah! And while we were at Rupp, Doug bought me the most awesome hat known to man. After BBM, came back to the camp ground and froze to death whilst trying to sleep.

Saturday: Got up at the crack of dawn. Hung out at the campground for awhile, then peaced out when it was time for hiking. Have I mentioned that I don't like camping? While the rest of the crew headed to climb a mountain, I drove to D-town to visit Beetle. We had a great time hanging out and though I wanted to stay, I had to head back down to the Gorge to freeze my butt off once again. However, Beetle armed me with an additional quilt, so Saturday night wasn't as miserable as Friday.

Sunday: Time to leave this cursed campground! Headed out early because we had a very important errand to run: PICK UP MY BRAND NEW CAR!!! Hooray! My Subaru finally arrived! Oh, Roxanne (my Subaru's name) is so beautiful. I love her. She has such a smooth ride. She is also much bigger than Betty Blue (whom I miss dearly, but is still out in the garage, at least until Saturday). I have to get used to driving with one foot, though. It is so weird not to have a clutch!!




1 comment:

  1. Update: Her name was Roxanne for about 2 minutes. Ruby Red is what she is called.

    ReplyDelete