Sunday, October 2, 2011

Remember Bambi?

Well, it is 8:30 on a Sunday night and the Monday morning blues have set in! I reckon I've had a pretty good weekend, all in all, minus that big 12-hour chunk for the Kentucky Historical Society trip. It would have been less terrible if the joint would've had some information I could use! Oh well! I guess it was still neat to go check it out and browse through its endless stacks of papers. Anyhow, because there wasn't jack shiz on the good ole Levassors (my research topic for class), I decided to look up another infamous bunch: the Cornetts. Didn't find a thing on them, either. Well, that's not true, I found stuff (which blew my mind), it just so happened to be the stuff I already have. I also had time to peruse the county file on Perry County. They had 3 stinking files on Perry County! I almost fell over. How is it that Kenton had 2 files and Perry had 3? Hilarious. Guess what I found in the Perry file? That's right, pictures from when The Duke Boys, Daisy, Rosco, and Boss Hogg were in town for the Black Gold Festival. Check it out on YouTube:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwh9ChXhQ18

But Saturday wasn't a complete bust. That morning, Doogie, the best husband in the world, ordered us tickets to BIG BLUE MADNESS! Oh yeah! It is going to be so awesome!! I cannot wait. Only one month until basketball season! Woo-hoo! Get excited!!

Oh, but I must tell you about Friday! So, we went to a new eatery with the Higgy's and Day-Day: Fatty Patty's. Pretty good spot. The service was a little slow, but the food was mighty tasty. Plus, I didn't even mind the wait, because the company was so good. After our bellies were full, we came home for a movie night, which ended up being half movies and half looking for Dacian's new ride and listening to Doug say, "BOOM" a hundred times when describing his dream car, the Geo Metro (Day-Day ended up getting a Chevy Prism). On Friday night, I also revealed my lovely pie-cutting skills (terrible) and I discovered that I do not like pumpkin pie (but I like pumpkin-flavored other stuffs). Well, about 2 hours later, we finally got to our movies. Here was the line up: It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown; an episode of Modern Family; Monster Squad; and Halloween (Rob Zombie version). Please tell me why I always insist on watching Halloween? Michael Myers scares the candy corn out of me, people! Yet, I continue to torture myself. I will be having nightmares about him for a freakin month!

OMG, I almost forgot, I wanted to ask you, do you remember Zack Morris's alter ego, Bambi? Hahaha! On the bus ride to Frankfort Saturday, this topic came up. Why, you ask. Well, someone said something about a woman named Bambi. I said, "The name Bambi makes me think of Zack Morris's alter ego. Remember? And Screech was in love with Bambi. Oh, Saved by the Bell. How awesome!" See, it's times like that when I need someone in my head to say, "SHUT UP! SHUT UP! DON'T SAY THAT OUT LOUD!" 





1 comment:

  1. i love sbtb forever! who could ever forget bambi? or when screech dresses up like the cleaning lady and went to the girl's locker room? lots of productive cross dressing :)

    ReplyDelete