Sunday, July 8, 2012

Don't freak, it's just me.

I used to be so good at writing blogs, nowadays, I am neglectful. Maybe I can sort this out while I'm awaiting the arrival of the babies and then, afterward, you know I'll have to get on here and write about how awesome they are.

Let's see...what has happened over the month since we last talked? I've been to about 15 doctor's appointments, gained about 20 lbs, found out that there are people eating people due to bath salt intake, saw a drag-queen at Frisch's (another reason I love that joint), have eaten about 90 3-ways (Skyline is the best, I will not hear otherwise), got a haircut, took my leave from work early (I think I would have died or given birth in my cube if I had been there last week), was saved from another bat by Dacian the Destroyer, drank about 4 gallons of Wallace Woods tea, and for the past couple of weeks,  have done nothing but lay on the couch or in bed.

You know, when you hear the term "bed rest" you think you have hit the jackpot. Get to leave work early and just lounge all day. Lies! It sucks. You get to lay in bed all day, that's for sure, but that's all you get to do. Oh, you want to go get some pizza? Too bad! You want to run to Target for some new pajamas? Too bad! You want to bake a cake? Too bad! You want to sit up and type on the computer? Too bad! You have so many contractions, your back hurts, you are too huge to do anything, and your husband polices your every move, so you just lay there like a beached whale doing nothing but wallowing in your misery. Doesn't that sound like fun?

Some idiot said that pregnancy is beautiful. Must've been a man, or some broad who never had kids. I tell ya, it's all right for the first several months, but once you hit that third trimester, my friend, it is all over but the crying. Oh well, I reckon it'll be worth it. And as the great Codar Cornett pointed out to me yesterday, only 170 days until the babies' first Christmas!!!!!!  : )

Well, I've been out of bed and on the recliner for a whole hour and I'm about ready to croak, so I shall sign off, friends, and go back to my cave (bedroom) to dwell.

The next blog will be more uplifting! : )


5 comments:

  1. So good to get an update! How many weeks are you? Can we bring you dinner? Magazines or some other form of entertainment??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am 35 weeks & 3 days. Almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not many can say this, but I have been there and I really do feel your pain. Bed rest does suck big time, but I cannot tell you how happy you'll be that you stuck to the rules once those boys arrive healthy and happy. The sense of relief that washes over you is indescribable. That relief is fleeting however, because it will be replaced by the panic that they are indeed here and...well, I'll just wait to read your reaction to all of that later :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doug should make you a cake. It's the least he can do, you know, since you are carrying his children and all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bed rest! That always sounded horriffic to me. I know that's spelled wrong but this thing won't let me fix it. I love the belly pic, thank you for wearing more than just a bikini and your AK.

    ReplyDelete