Friday, April 20, 2018

Jonas Rides a Bike

Ladies and gentleman, today was a big day. The fun started at school. It was kindergarten awards day. The boys were recognized for their outstanding achievements: homework hero, being respectful, and other wonderful qualities that make them such cool dudes. They were very proud of themselves, as they should be. After the ceremony, Julian wanted to take us all to his classroom. He said, "Mom, you're going to love it. It's beautiful!" Then he showed me his table and all the nifty stations around the classroom.

Jules modeling his "brag tags."

 Jonas and his "brag tags."

After school, we grabbed some lunch and headed home. It was such a nice day outside, so we took advantage and hung around the yard. Jonas took the time to practice riding his bike without training wheels. We've been working on it for the past week or so, and today was the day, folks! He did it! He was incredibly cute in doing so, too. He was pedaling along and saying to himself, "I know I can do it! I know I can do it!" And sure enough, he can!


He's already on me about getting a new bike (I promised we'd get them new bikes when they learned to ride without training wheels).

So proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment