Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Bob Dylan, Oreos, Possums, and the Alphabet

Every time I hear Bob Dylan's Don't Think Twice It's All Right, my mind travels back to Manchester, Tennessee. It was the middle of summer and hotter than hellfire. As soon as we arrived, I thought, "What have I done?" A camping festival? With hippies? Certainly I did not PAY for this, right? But there I was, and one of the main reasons I had gone was to see Bob Dylan. I suffered through the heat, filth, and random naked stoners and finally the day arrived. My buddies and I made it over to the stage where Bob was to perform. We landed ourselves a great seat and settled in for a fantastic show. Ugh, but the hippies. Bob started to sing Don't Think Twice, and this goofy kid with a Sonny Bono haircut started dancing around like he's in a freaking mosh pit. "Goodbye's too good a word, babe, so I'll just say..." "YOU'LL SAY, 'FARE THEE WELL,' BOB. FARE THEE WELL!!!" If the song wasn't so awesome, that guy could've totally ruined it for me.

Let's move on.

My child is an addict. That's right, folks. Julian needs Oreos like he needs air. The
other day, I received a text from Kay (our babysitter):
Julian wouldn't eat his mac-n-cheese and green beans. I asked him what he wanted and he pointed at the bar and said, "Cook!"

Another thing that kid can't live without is his possum. I wish you could see him with this thing. He loves it! Every night when we walk into his room, he marches over to his bed and gets his possum. When we went to my Grandma's a few weeks ago, I jotted down a list of items not to forget:
Toothbrushes
Deodorant
Sippy cups
Julian's possum

As for the other dude, The Bear's new thing is walking around with a blanket over his head. He thinks this is hysterical. When he's not being a goof, he's being a genius. The kid scares me. He knows the following letters: B, O, K, Y, T, and S. He refuses to eat with utensils, but kid can identify some letters.

One more thing before I go...could someone please explain to me how the spawn of the man who created The Muppets, Sesame Street, Fraggle freaking Rock, and Dinosaurs bring to life such a horrendous show as Sid the Science Kid? Poor Jim Henson, having his name associated with such refuse.
Terrifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment