Friday, June 7, 2013

Goro, Buffalo Bill, (Not) To Die for Muffins, Amongst Other Things

I wonder how you get the job to be the singer of those annoying songs that play every time your kid hits a button on his toy. Furthermore, whose job is it to write those monster ballads? And why won't someone tell them to make up a song and a tune that isn't terribly annoying...throw us a bone here, we bought your damn toy, you know we're going to have to listen to that song a billion times a day. "I've got a remote, and I'm ready to roll, making things happen 'cause I'm in control!" That crap ain't cutting it, Fisher Price.

"I'm not Goro, dude." A statement directed to Julian from Dacian. Julian crawled over to Dacian in hopes that he would be picked up, but unfortunately for little Jules, Uncle Dacian was already holding his brother. You see, friends, Goro is a boss in Mortal Kombat who has 4 arms. If Dacian was Goro, he'd totally be able to carry both dudes at once. My children are destined to be nerds.

Why did Buffalo Bill have to ruin "American Girl" for me? I could be happily jamming to Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, but instead, the tune comes on and I immediately shiver and think, "It rubs the lotion on the skin or else it gets the hose again."

Sometimes, when I rock a baby to sleep, my heart melts as I look at that cute little face, and feel that soft little hand against my cheek...and then it's back to reality as I feel the flesh tearing away from my face, as that soft little hand reveals its Wolverine claws and digs in. Why do they have to scratch the same spot over and over?!

Time for something with a little substance:

I delivered our May donation to the Children's Home yesterday and they were so excited to have the goodies. We were able to purchase almost everything on their list. We bought a silverware set, serving spoon set, pots and pans, clothes bins, towels, washcloths, dishcloths, pie dish, blender, sharpie markers, dry erase markers, and water bottles! A great big THANK YOU to my partner, Kelli, and all of my awesome pals who helped with the donation. You guys are so cool!

Oh! And 2 new recipes this week:
I made these blueberry muffins. The recipe claims they are to die for, but I  wouldn't sacrifice my life for them. They were good, but I've had better.

Doug's Grandma Cleon's onion salad dressing. Delicious! Now I just need to make a salad to eat with it (though, using it as dipping sauce for chicken tenders was certainly a good call on my part). Here's the recipe, courtesy of Doug's Aunt Nancy!
1 medium onion
2 cups oil
3/4 cup cider vinegar
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp celery seed
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp salt
Mix all ingredients in blender for about 1 minute or until desired consistency has been reached.




And just for good measure, here's a picture of my dudes with a new toy:

No comments:

Post a Comment