Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Gray Poss

As you all know, Julian and his possums are inseparable, which is why for the past few days, Doug and I have torn our house apart. You see, we could not find Gray Poss. We searched everywhere: under beds, under radiators, in closets, in cabinets, in the van, on the playground. All to no avail.

I asked Julian, "Where's Gray Poss?" He said, "I don't know. He's gone!" Heart shattering. I could hear, "When She Loved Me" playing softly in my mind's soundtrack. I couldn't stop thinking of a sad, abandoned Gray Poss. What happened to him? Was he dropped along our walk when we were out in the wagon? Did we leave him at the aquarium? I couldn't imagine Julesy forgetting his buddy!

We had given up all hope. Doug ordered a new Gray Poss online. Julian still had Black Poss, but he's lived his whole life with 2 possums, so he needed another.

But! Just like Bori Cat returned home from being lost the very day a new cat (Flash Gordon) showed up, so too did Gray Poss!

All this time, GP was inside the seat of Kate Monster's musical motorcycle. The question is, did Monster know this whole time?

No comments:

Post a Comment