Tuesday, June 10, 2014

It's a Girl!

Yeah, yeah, I realize this is old news to most everyone on the planet who knows me, but maybe someone out there in blog world doesn't know that I am having a little girl! She's going to make things interesting around here (cause you know, they're so incredibly dull as is).

Three important things we've already discussed:

  • She will come into the world a proud owner of a vintage (circa 1986) University of Kentucky Wildcats cheerleading outfit, once worn by yours truly.
  • Doug told me that I had to be the one to give her the talk about her menstrual cycle. Why on earth he thought I would let him deliver that speech, I will never know. "Uh, you see, daughter, once a month some stuff will happen with your girl stuff. I don't want to talk about it, but it happens. I just thought I'd let you know. It's not a big deal, but women act like it is. You know how they are."
  • Dacian already feels sorry for future boys who Baby Girl will bring home to meet Dad. The poor boy will first have to be vetted by 2 older brothers. If he is strong enough to withstand that, he will meet Daddy Doug. This classic quote from Cher's Dad in Clueless comes to mind: Anything happens to my daughter, I've got a .45 and a shovel. I doubt anybody will miss you.
I love that I am 22 weeks pregnant and she's already a teenager.

No comments:

Post a Comment