Sunday, December 29, 2013

30 Years Young

I tried to google a clever quote on turning 30, but they were all depressing. So, I'll settle for quoting myself. Birthdays are awesome, no matter what the number. It means you've been lucky enough to have another year with your family, friends, and kittens. It means you get your favorite supper, cake, presents, kisses, hugs, and well wishes from all kinds of folks. Who doesn't like birthdays? Crazy people, that's who! I'm here to tell you, this has been the perfect birthday!

Doug got up with the boys this morning so I could sleep in AND take a shower---luxurious! 

Came downstairs and fried the boys some goetta--their favorite, and listened to them giggle and holler while they munched.

Around noon, I headed out to run around with Miss Jovita and grab a bite to eat. We had my favorites: Skyline and Graeter's. You know, if I can't have soup beans, fried taters, and corn bread from Dwarf, I'll settle for a 4-way with onions and a chocolate milkshake any day. Thank you, Cincinnati, for having delicious food.


When I got home, the boys were ready for a nap! I love naps because they always begin with and end with me getting to rock and snuggle my dudes. 
That's all 3 of us piled in that recliner.

We ended the night with some light reading (only about 15-20 books) and more kisses and hugs. 30 ain't so bad!

1 comment: