Friday, July 5, 2013

2 Quick Things

Sometimes I catch myself reciting children's books, you know, the way normal people get a song from the radio stuck in their head. I'll just be driving to work, cooking supper, or running the sweeper, and will be thinking,  "Rhino Chef has burnt the buns and out of the kitchen he must run..." It's a sickness, people.

So, we were sitting in the living room today visiting with family. I'm not even sure what the topic of conversation was. Maybe it was when we were talking about the royal baby (and how Mommaw thinks it's only going to weigh 5 lbs since Kate "ain't big as nothing"). At any rate, I decided to make a joke. "Oh, I guess I should tell you, I'm pregnant again." Crickets. Crickets. Crickets. I look around the room and everyone's face looks as if they have just seen a ghost. "Just kidding!" I say, baffled that they thought I was serious. I was cracking up the whole time!  "You liked to have given me a heart attack!" Says the lady (Beetle) with 5 children, all close in age.

No comments:

Post a Comment